OPTIMUM CLASSIC CHAMPIONSHIPS
May 24-25, 2019
Shreveport Convention Center
IFBB Pro league / NPC
FULL NPC RULES CLICK HERE
*** Open division, first and second place will qualify for all national NPC events.
• Posing music will be used at the Finals only with the exception of Mixed Pairs competitors who will use music at both the Prejudging and the Finals.
• Posing music must be on a CD and must be the only music on CD.
• Music will not be accepted on DVD, USB Drive, Cell Phones, Online service, or any other medium. AUDIO CD's ONLY!!
• Posing music must not contain vulgar lyrics. Competitors using music containing vulgar lyrics will be disqualified.
• During the Prejudging male and female competitors are not permitted to wear any jewelry onstage other than a wedding band. Decorative pieces in the hair are not permitted.
• During the Finals female competitors are permitted to wear earrings.
• No glasses, props or gum are permitted onstage.
• Any competitor doing the “Moon Pose” will be disqualified.
• Lying on the floor is prohibited.
• Bumping and shoving is prohibited. First and second persons involved will be disqualified.
• Competitors numbers will be worn on the left side of the suit bottom.
• Any competitor who appears to be disoriented, light-headed or experiences undue cramping will not be permitted to compete.
• Any competitor disqualified for health reasons must be checked by the attending EMT and, if it is advised by the EMT, must go to the nearest hospital for evaluation.
• Competitors who refuse to be evaluated by the EMT or at the hospital will be suspended from competition for a period of one year from the date of the occurrence.
• Each competitor must be a member of the NPC.
• All suit bottoms must be V-shaped, no thongs are permitted.
• Suits worn by male competitors at the prejudging and finals must be plain in color with no fringe, wording, sparkle or fluorescents.
• Suits worn by female competitors at the Prejudging must be two-piece and plain in color with no fringe, wording, sparkle or fluorescents.
• Suites worn by female competitors at the Finals must be two-piece but may include a printed design with fringes, lace, sparkle or fluorescents that are in good taste.
• All Prejudging suits will be checked at the morning check-in.
• Competitors are not permitted to alter the fit of the posing suit by hiking it up in the back or by pulling up the sides during Front and Rear Lat Spreads.
THE PREJUDGING POSING ROUNDS FOR MALE AND FEMALE COMPETITORS
Judges will score competitors according to the NPC “total package” which is a balance of size, symmetry and muscularity.
• Keep your feet flat
• Keep your heels together
• Hold your arms at your sides
• No twisting
• Your head must be facing the same direction as your feet.
• Begin when ready – no signal is necessary from the Head Judge.
• Maximum of 60 seconds with a warning when 10 seconds remain.
• You are not obligated to use all 60 seconds.
• Lying on the floor is not permitted.
• Front Double Bicep
• Front Lat Spread
• Side Chest
• Side Tricep
• Rear Double Bicep
• Rear Lat Spread
• Abdominals with one thigh
• Each competitor must be a member of the NPC.
• Competitors will compete in a two-piece suit. The bottom of the suit must be v-shaped. No thongs are permitted. Competitors can compete in an off the rack suit. All swimsuits must be in good taste. Athletes will be warned about improper suits and are advised to bring two (2) suits to check in. The fronts of the suits are too low and must be constructed higher. Athletes will be scored down if the suit is not up to standard
• Competitors must wear high heels.
• Competitors may wear jewelry.
• National level contests do not permit competitors to crossover into Bodybuilding, Fitness or Figure at the same event. All other competitions are permitted to have crossovers at the discretion of the promoter with appropriate approval.
• Competitors will walk onstage alone and perform their Model Walk (personal preference)
• The Model Walk consists of the following:
Walk to the center of the stage , stop and do a front stance – hand(s) on hip front pose – then a full turn and do a back stance – hand(s) on hip back pose - then turn to the front again – hands on hip - and face the judges as directed then proceed to the side of the stage. No lewd acts are permitted. Length of time allowed is 10 seconds.
Comparison Round, Two-Piece Swimsuit:
• Competitors will be judged wearing a two-piece swimsuit and heels.
• The competitors will be brought back out in a group and directed to do a full front and back stance.
• Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other in half turns. (No side judging permitted, front and back only.)
Judges will be scoring competitors using the following criteria:
• Balance and Shape
• Overall physical appearance including complexion, skin tone, poise and overall presentation.
•Each competitor must be a member of the NPC.
•Muscularity and Body Condition
Judges will be looking for fit contestants who display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity should be marked down.
•Stage Presence and Personality
Contestants will be asked to walk in board shorts (shorts must be just above the knee in length and can be one inch below the belly button, no spandex and no logos are permitted on the board shorts however a manufacturer’s logo such as Nike symbol or Billabongs are acceptable.) Competitors will enter the stage without a shirt and barefoot. No lewd acts allowed for example the moon pose. Judges are looking for the contestant with the best stage presence and poise who can successfully convey his personality to the audience.
• Competitors will walk to the center of the stage alone and perform front and back turns with optional pose of hand on hip or hand in pocket, finishing facing the judges as directed then proceed to the side of the stage.
• The competitors will be brought back out in a group and directed to do turns.
• Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other in turns.
Promoters can choose to have one height class, two height classes, three height classes or four height classes.
• Each competitor must be a member of the NPC.
• Symmetry, shape, proportion, muscle tone, poise and beauty flow
• Physique assessment and comparison will take place during prejudging
Women’s Physique Division has been created to give a platform for women who enjoy weight training, competing, contest preparation. Competitors should display a toned, athletic physique showcasing femininity, muscle tone, beauty/flow of physique.
The following are examples of common terms used in the bodybuilding industry. These words can be helpful to assess what should not be descriptive to the physiques being judged in women’s physique:
Ripped, shredded, peeled, striated, dry, diced, hard, vascular, grainy, massive, thick, dense, etc.
While all types of physiques will be considered when it comes to height, weight, structure, etc. Excessive muscularity should be scored down accordingly.
Women’s physique competitors should have the overall aesthetics and look that is found in figure with a little more overall muscularity.
• Individual routine with 10 second warning up to one minute in time.
• Quarter turns
• Mandatory posing comparisons/ callouts
Individual posing routine
▪ Front double biceps/open hands (no flat footed full front pose – some sort of front twisting pose)
▪ Back double biceps/open hands
▪ Side triceps with leg extended
▪ Side chest with arms extended
▪ Front ab/thigh
*Finals routine will be maximum 90 seconds in length, performed to music of athletes choice adhering to rules set forth by the NPC. Music containing profanity or explicit language should not be used and may result in routine being cut short.
* No props will be used.
* No heels may be worn at any time during the competition/judging of women’s physique.
NPC Competitor Agreement
In PLEASE READ CAREFULLY YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN BEFORE ENTRY IS COMPLETE:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the
NPC Optimum Classic Championships, promoted by Fit For Life Inc. and sanctioned by the National Physique Committee of the USA, Inc. (“NPC”), its related events and activities, the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate and agree that: The risk of injury from the activities involved in this event is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE PROMOTER AND/OR THE NPC or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and, I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation, if, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the Promoter immediately; and, I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROMOTER AND THE NPC and each of their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property associated with my presence at or participation in or in traveling to and from the event, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The undersigned further consents and agrees that the undersigned will comply with all rules and regulations of the SHREVEPORT DOWNTOWN HILTON HOTEL, including any rules or regulations prohibiting cooking or food preparation in the hotel rooms. The undersigned further agrees that the undersigned will indemnify and hold harmless the NPC and the Promoter from and against any damages caused by the undersigned to the Hotel or damages to a guest room or rooms occupied or registered to the undersigned. Finally, the undersigned acknowledges that the undersigned’s failure to comply with any rule or regulation of the Hotel or damage to any guest room occupied by or registered to the undersigned may result in disciplinary action against the undersigned including, but not limited to, suspension as a member of the NPC and/or competing in contests sanctioned by the NPC. And in further consideration of permission being granted to me to participate in the event and its related events. I hereby grant the NPC, Promoter and/or any other NPC approved video or entertainment organization and all of their agents, successors, licensees and assigns, the right to photograph or otherwise reproduce (whether by film, tape, still photography or otherwise) my voice, appearance and name, and to exhibit, distribute, transmit, and/or otherwise exploit any and all media, including without limitation, by means of still photography, motion pictures, radio, television, video, printing on digital or any other medium now known or hereafter devised, including with respect also to any merchandising, advertising and/or publicity, and the right to use my name and information about me in any connection with any of the foregoing. The rights granted by me hereunder are granted for the entire universe and shall endure in perpetuity and no further compensation shall be payable to me at any time in connection therewith. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate the NPC, Promoter, and/or any other NPC approved video or entertainment organization, to photograph or otherwise reproduce my voice, appearance or name, or to make use of any rights granted herein. I also understand that the aforementioned rights may be reassigned at any time without further consent. I understand that the NPC, the Promoter and/or any NPC approved video or entertainment organization, are videotaping and photographing the event in express reliance upon the foregoing, and I represent and agree that I am free to grant the rights granted to the NPC, Promoter and/or any other NPC approved video or entertainment organization hereunder. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
The Judging is scored 100%, and will consist of comparisons of the quarter turns and the following four mandatory poses:
- Front Double Biceps
- Side Chest Back Double Biceps
- Thighs Favorite Classic Pose
- (No Most Muscular)
The Finals will consist of:
- Posing routine (up to a maximum 60 seconds)
- Confirmation round (if necessary)
- Posedown (overall title only)
We want to hear from you!
Questions, comments, suggestions, email us.